Saturday, August 27, 2005

Snippet

To all my fabulous bloggers and readers,

Thank you so much for all the wonderful words and concern shown to me for the past couple of days. I am now feeling much better already. You guys and gals are the greatest!

Even if I were not feeling better, I would have been after I came back from Frangipani yesterday night. Admittedly, it was my first time there and definitely won't be my last.

Though for personal reasons, my second visit won't be anytime soon.

I will probably write something about it soon.

Meanwhile, my previous post where I posted a letter from a Vermont mother seem to have elicited favourable response from you guys. You are welcome to post it in your blog if you want to.

I tried looking for the source or which site it was first published. A little Googling has shown that it actually appeared more than a year ago, in June 2004, in a PFLAG (Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) of San Diego County's weekly alert.

Moving on. In one of the mailing groups I subscribed to, PLUPenang, someone posted on "A brief take on the history and evolution of gay movements: Its lessons and impact".

The author, CH, was one of my hiking mates to Mount Kinabalu, has spent quite a lot of time compiling the information. The result - a wonderful write-up on the subject which shows how much we, the gay community, have progressed and also how much still needs to be done.

There will be five parts in all and I shall post them under "A brief history of gay movements". Acknowledgement and credit goes to CH.

No comments: