Monday, June 27, 2005

My Kota Kinabalu trip

Finally, I am back. I arrived back in KL yesterday late afternoon, around five. Had dinner and then reached home before seven.

Why do holidays always seem to whiz by but not office hours? It seemed just like yesterday that I arrived in Kota Kinabalu for the first time.

So here is my journal for the past four days:

Spent Wednesday night at one of the group member’s, CW, place. I don’t usually sleep well in foreign places (read: not my own bed) especially on the first night. I slept on the couch and sure enough, I barely got any shut eye.

Flight was at an ungodly hour of 7 a.m. Yes Will, at least you get paid to get up that early, so stop complaining.

We arrived at the airport fifteen minutes before five. The others arrived later in small groups.

Our group was made of eighteen wonderful, crazy and fun people. Not forgetting gorgeous. There was a Swede with us and he is part of a couple. In fact, they were the only couple, as the rest who are happily attached left their other half at home.

I have met almost all of them previously. I am not a morning person and I hadn’t had coffee, so I wasn’t in a conversational mood. But I could tell everyone was really excited about this trip and that enthusiasm got to me as well.


We touched down in KK at half past nine. Another member of our group, a Singaporean, LP had arrived earlier on Sunday to do some white-water rafting. He joined us at the airport half an hour later.

Oh, forgot to mention that there was a doctor with us, CH. A young, dashing, prim-and-proper doctor (not my own words). I felt so much safer already knowing that.

We proceeded to Kinabalu Pine Resort, which was two hours away from the city.

I don’t suppose all these are very interesting. Even I feel bored as I type this. So I am just going to share my thoughts and not what we did.

It would be in my next post though. But since I have written this, I will post this up anyway.

In case you are interested in how the hike was, there are many others who have written better descriptions of the climb.

And I will be posting a link for the photos soon.


Anonymous said...

hey dude,

it indeed was a fantastic trip. gruelling but fun. haven't been with so many people of the like (in orientation, i mean), so it really was a great experience for me. i love being myself, and have all the reservations chucked aside.

really great having you as a partner on the trip. thanks for all the sharing, and the friendship. it's so fun discussing the guys you like - those cute-looknig twinks. and hey, while you can easily pass off as a straight-looking man, your cute looks do make you a twink too yah!

do keep in touch, k!


Derek said...

Yeah, I had a great time too. It was excellent to have you around. I don't think I have had so much fun in a long time.

Though I could do with less of those twink jokes *exaggerated sigh*

I'll definitely keep in touch. You take care too.