Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekends whereabouts

I usually spend one weekend days outdoors and the other indoors. I like to spend time doing my own things like reading or watching some movies I download.

However, I have not been able to have this luxury for the past 6 weeks. On Saturdays I usually go to the gym right before noon and then meet up with William for lunch followed by a movie. Although William is back in Washington now, my Saturdays are still busy with outings with friends (my birthday celebration two weekends ago) and buffet lunches (last weekend).

On Sundays, either I would have a tuina session which will take the half an afternoon followed by board games or I would be in the office.

Not that I am complaining. I feel like I am getting to this new weekend routine. Previously I was recharging my batteries by staying at home and lounging. But now I am unwinding in a different way.

Sometimes, I feel like it wasn't even a weekend at all. Or that the weekend seems to zoom past faster when I spend time out of home.

I just feel like I am constantly doing and not enough time to just slow down. To reflect and contemplate.

Anyway, I have been hitting the gym at least twice a week. There is a noticeable difference in that I feel more energetic and not as tired even after a long day's work.

I suppose that's why some people just can't get enough of gymming; this boost of energy level actually feels good and could be addictive. Hence there are people who visit the gym almost every day.

6 comments:

Takashi said...

i used to go to orchard cali twice a day (morning and evening) for a month after i quit my job hehehe.. how about that?

Kenji said...

Haha good for you la! More exercise is also a good sign! I've been slacking myself! But oh I saw your message... you just need to click my name to get to my blog!! xD

savante said...

Wow.

Jaded_Jeremy said...

Exercise is good. Take time to slow down and just do stuff on your own is also good. I don't understand why people think it's strange to just take it slow and not do anything active.

William said...

Ohhhhh.... I gotta test that energy level!

Will said...

I miss our Saturdays!!