Thursday, April 10, 2008

Swamped

I have been really busy these past two weeks with work, as we have quarterly reporting to do. About half is completed.

And in the midst of all these I have to move out, so it has been really an eventful period.

And I plan to sit for a paper next month. So is my dear Nyk.

In addition, my internet connection has been going moody, with intermittent connections even though the signal is strong. I couldn't go online much.

Anyway, my ex-colleague helped me to moved most of my stuff to Jaded Jeremy's place on Sunday.

Yes, I am finally moving in with JJ after a protracted period of uncertainty

It was very kind of my ex-colleague to help me by packing the things into his car and sending them to my new residence in the east. I had expected two trips at least, but everything seemed to just fit nicely into his Camry, with room to spare.

I would be moving to my new room next weekend, as my current tenure only ends then. I look forward to that. And I wouldn't miss the stupid bitch dog barking and its disgusting hair which is just all over the entire house.

However, I did manage to catch a movie yesterday, called Teeth. It's about a teenage girl who has a teeth at her vagina, the mythical vagina dentata. It supposedly represents straight men's fear of the mysterious female sexuality, a black hole which hides a monster (the teeth) which they have to overcome to claim the prize of virginity and return to the place (womb) where they came from.

That was according to the movie.

I googled it and here are a few meanings of the toothed vagina:
1. "Toothed vagina," the classic symbol of men's fear of sex, expressing the unconscious belief that a woman may eat or castrate her partner during intercourse. (www.goddesscafe.com)

2 A fish inhabits the vagina of the Terrible Mother; the hero is the man who overcomes the Terrible Mother, breaks the teeth out of her vagina, and so makes her into a woman. The myth expresses the threat sexual intercourse poses for men who, although entering triumphantly, always leave diminished (Wikipedia)

Pffft ... straight men and their fears.

The movie is pretty low budget, with lots of blood spurting everywhere after the penis is bitten off. And the movie actually shows the cut-off penis! There is even a locker room scene where if you pay attention enough, you can see a guy's pecker.

This is very uncommon in movies. The male organ has always been hidden as opposed to breasts which are shown wantonly. There are scenes of phallus and testicles and butts.

Nyk would definitely love this movie LOL

5 comments:

William said...

I shall sue for libel!

I wonder if they'll make a gay version of this movie.

savante said...

Staying over with Jeremy? :)

Jaded Jeremy said...

Nyk would love it? Sure or not? With blood and stuff?

Pike-chan said...

yeeerr... this kinda movie... so creepy!!

Derek said...

william: I seriously doubt so dear. They would have to change the story to an asshole with teeth, which is just plain disgusting.


savante: Not staying over, staying with ;-)


jaded_jeremy: He will love it for an entirely different reason hehe


pikey: Creepy in an entertaining way, I assure you.


daniel_henry: Glad you find it hilarious too ;P